Monday, October 3, 2011

Autumn...

I've never been particularly fond of Fall, but for some reason this year is different. Maybe it stems from the fact that we had one of the hottest summers on record and I am just ready for a change, or maybe from the fact that our house is just now starting to feel like home and even though Fall isn't my favorite season it does bring with it a sense of home and comfort. Anyhoo, I came across a quote today from Melissa @ the Inspired Room that pretty much sums up my new outlook on Autumn...

"Autumn is the season to find contentment at home by paying attention to what we already have.

The simple daily rituals of homemaking, baking, nesting, decorating and preparing for the winter holidays ahead create a sense of peace with what we have right in front of us."

I thought she said it beautifully and perfectly. Head over to her blog to gain more insight into the glorious season of Autumn!

Happy Monday, Y'all!

*Grace*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good way of putting it! We had an unusually hot and dry summer here.

Blessings,

Amy

Gail said...

Beautifully said! I couldn't agree more. :)

Love you,

Gail