Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"Be Brave Like Jesus"

Yesterday, after discovering a smelly, decaying rat in my front flower beds, I got up the nerve to try to dispose of it.  It was really stinking up the front area outside our home, and if you know me, I don't do bad smells---who does?!!  

So, I gloved up and got some plastic bags and took the boys out to the front to watch the rat disposal...I thought they'd get a kick out of it and maybe learn something too.  I got a stick to help lift the carcass and got totally grossed out when I first tried to get it and dropped it.  I said something like this is so gross I don't think I can do this to which Johnathan replied: "You can do it Mommy, just be brave like Jesus."

How could I argue with that?!  The rat got thrown away, and I got to show the boys the wonders of the food chain.  There were quite a few wormy things that had started to break down and eat the rodent remains.  Johnathan thought that was pretty interesting...Eli just thought it was smelly!  I was just glad that I had been brave..."like Jesus."  :-)

I love these everyday moments with my boys...although I prefer less stinky ones!

*Grace*

1 comment:

Mom said...

Aren't kids great for helping us to grow? Love this whole scenario!!

Love you!