Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ah, Sweet Payback

Some years ago, when I was a wee child, a story was born that goes something like this...

...while bouncing me up and down on his knee, my dad noticed a warm sensation on his leg. Looking down he saw that I had deposited a not so good smelling gift all over his leg! I don't think that my dad (or his pants) were ever the same again!

Well, yesterday was the mother of all paybacks. Johnathan, Aaron and I were having a great evening together. And, while Baby J. still hadn't had a BM all day, I wasn't too concerned, knowing that around this stage of his life they will be less and less frequent. About 8:30 in the evening, his little tummy started gurgling, and then came the floods...or should I say the muds! It was poop city, and guess who it got all over? Me! I instantly thought back to my own day of poopville all over my dad, and I just laughed, and took a pic! See below!

After the blow-out, Johnathan and I both got a bath, and afterwards Baby J. promptly fell asleep on his daddy's lap. I caught a couple of cute shots of that too...notice the big chubby cheek that is resting on his chest!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace, Baby J, and Aaron,

First off, for historical (and yes, hysterical) accuracy... I must humbly dispute the "mother of all paybacks" claim... though, it certainly sounds impressive. So for some perspective, here's my take on that "oh so eventful moment" that took place way back when:

We were sitting in church (not at home, mind you) on that fateful early Fall morning of 1981. The entire congregation had gathered together to hear a word from our pastor about a new church building project. The church nursery had closed, so the workers would be able to attend the meeting. All babies, including you, Grace, were at the meeting.

Sitting on my lap, you were making cute cooing noises and playfully waving your arms up and down. You were happy as a clam. I was having fun holding you... proudly smiling when anyone turned around to see happy, smiling Grace. At one point -- during a prayer, no less -- my little toddler became a little tooter!... passing gas several times (may I say, in a cute, baby kind of way) during the prayer. Of course, I thought that was kinda funny, and just shrugged my shoulders when church members looked my direction. Naturally, I quickly assigned the proper blame to my bouncing baby girl!!

And bouncing you were... Grace, you were riding my knee like the Lone Ranger on Silver chasing to rescue Tonto. Bounce, bounce, bounce... up and down, up and down. You were giggling and having fun!

At one point, I thought, wow!, Grace is starting to work up a sweat bouncing on my leg, so I just held you on my lap. Then, feeling moisture all over my leg and lap, I thought, "Oh my gosh, Grace is so hot, now she's beginning to make me sweat! I need to cool off!" At that I lifted you up off my lap, only to discover the dreaded mustard baby poo goo pasted all over my lap and globbing down my dress khakis! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

So, while Johnathan's blast somewhat poops out when compared to that of his mom's... it comforting to know that when talking about a baby's plumbing... we can all still get cracked up about it!

Love you all!

Dad/Grandpa

buscher3 said...

You mean this is the first time you've been pooped on? You're quite lucky, actually. When Zoe was first born, until about a month old, and was being nursed all the time, she would get the "squirts" as I called them. Inevitably when I had her legs up and bootie in the air with the diaper off and wipe in hand, I would hear this sort of bubbly fizz sound and it would come out water out of a water gun. Not just once....11 times as I remember. First time it happened, it shot over the changing table and all over me. After that, I recognized the sound and managed to get a diaper over her in time to keep the mess contained. Darin (Spud) only got it once, so I decided to make it a competition to see who would get the "fizzy gush" more often. Of course my numbers kept climbing and his never went past one. Grr....