Saturday, June 14, 2008

For the Fathers

It is once again that time of year when we celebrate and honor the dads in our lives. So guys, this one's for you.

Dad, when I think of you a smile comes to my face. You've always been a source of comfort, encouragement and love. I don't think that any daughter has been more loved by a father (unless you count my five other sisters!). Thanks for always being there for me, and for the wonderful home you provided for me while I was growing up. It was great getting to re-live the comfort of childhood for the last several weeks while we were up visiting y'all. There's still nothing quite like home. I will always consider where you are home, Daddy. I love you. Happy Father's Day.

Robert, although you're not my dad, you've still been a fatherly figure in my life. I remember in the early days of my relationship with Aaron how your fatherly wisdom and advice was a great help, and it still is! Thank you especially for being such a great dad to Aaron. It is so wonderful to be a part of the Aldape family, and I will be forever greatful for the role you play in my and Aaron's life...and Johnathan's too. Happy Father's Day.

Aaron, this day has been a long time in coming. Happy Father's Day. I know that I don't need to write down all that this day means to you, but when I look into your eyes on this happy day, we will both understand what today really means. Bittersweet? Yes, but the joy that is now in your face every time you look at your precious son eases the hurt, and makes the memories of our other sweet boys even more memorable. I love you, daddy of my babies. I love you, husband, my true love. My soulmate and friend.

Many blessings to each of you,
Grace








1 comment:

Grace said...

Just checking to see if the comments section is working