Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mama's Big Helper!!!

Yesterday I thought it would be a good idea to break in the new oven that we got earlier in the week---we have been living without a working oven for over a year and a half! And let me tell you, you can make a TON of stuff in the toaster oven, so we really didn't miss it that much! If you want to read the whole oven story and why we got a new one, you can go here...but for now, let's get to the good stuff!

I remember being younger and wanting to make cookies...I'd ask my mom and she would usually say yes, but she'd want me to have my little sisters help. I remember my youngest sister "helping" a lot, and sometimes I would get frustrated because it took so much longer and it was so much messier! However, I can only imagine that she must have felt like a "big girl" and like she was really helping me out! So, yesterday afternoon I decided that it was Johnathan's time to be Mama's big helper! And you know what??? He was! Sure, it took quite a long time...and the clean-up process was almost as long as the creating process...but we sure had fun, and he was so proud of himself! I let him help with every stage---pouring in the sugar & flour, mixing all the spices (which he LOVED!) and eventually licking the beaters! No baking venture is complete without licking the beaters or spoon! Mmm, that's the best part!

Here's my little man, helping out his Mama with the first batch of cookies that our new oven got to bake! Isn't he just precious?!!


















4 comments:

KellyW said...

So cute! I'll be glad when Ryan gets into stuff like this. He won't touch gooey stuff and freaks out when he sees it. I love baking!!

Gail said...

You are such an incredible mother, Gracie. ;) I love how much you involve Johnathan in everything and get into HIS world. It's fabulous! Way to not be scared of all the mess! Looks like y'all had a fabulous time. ;)

Love & hugs,

Gail

Greta said...

Aww so cute Gracie!
Johnny keeps growing up, love ya'll!
Love,
Buggie

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

What a sweetheart. These pictures are precious and so is he.
Maggie