Saturday, November 13, 2010

I'm {Dreaming} of a White Christmas

I have got the Christmas itch...and although I have doubts that I'll wake up to a white Christmas, I am ready for all the fun the holiday season brings...the problem is, I am almost totally clueless as to what gifts I'm going to give this year. Usually I have a rough idea of what I would like to get the people on my list, but this year my creativity is definitely lacking! What's a girl to do? I need ideas, big time.

Last year Christmas came and went, and our sweet, almost 2 year old little Monkey had to have his Christmas morning sweets stuffed in his "Baby's First Christmas" stocking...because, well, I was too lazy and didn't get around to buying him a "real" stocking. This year though I will be ready with this cute stocking for him, courtesy of Pottery Barn Kids, and also with a coordinating one for baby brother Eli! I am in love with these boyish Christmas stockings, and I can't wait to fill them with goodies for our two precious sons.




If you have any good Christmas gift ideas, feel free to pass them along my way...I have a long list and I am short on creativity! I really need to get my act together!

*Grace*

4 comments:

Our Family said...

Adorable!! We have those stockings too! I CAN'T WAIT to get them out!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm blank on what to get people for Christmas this year too but I know what to get some of them though! Some of our Christmas will go towards our trip to Disney World in February with my brother and his family plus my parent's and myself. My Mom is headed to Seattle, WA with her granddaughter to visit her Dad, her Step Mom, and her 2 sisters, she's my brother's daughter from his 1st marriage.

Amy

Practically Ava said...

Love the stockings too cute!!! .....Girl I am fresh out of ideas this year too! My goal was to be finished with Christmas gifts by Dec. 1! .....I don't see that happening. I have started on some stuff but I still have a long way to go before I am done.....and it is hard to finish when I am lacking in the creative idea department!!!....miss you! hope to see y'all at some point during the holidays!
Kayla

Alison said...

We will soon be starting a three gift tradition for the kids. We'll sort of follow it after the three gifts from the wisemen.
I've heard some people use a four gift idea..something you want, something you need, something to wear, and something to read. We'll do some symbolence of that.

Have you seen the TRIO blocks? Zoe and Ethan love them. They have a pretty big basic set for $20 at walmart. They are blocks, but they snap together which makes it easy to put them together. They also have specific sets like a castle, plolice station, ect.

But those ideas are for kids. I did a lot of shopping on Lakeside gifts...www.lakeside.com. I bought some Generations Photo Frames for my family (you should check these out) and some Tell Your Story Journals for my grandparents. They are $10 and $5. They've got all kinds of gifts that are so neat. Really decent prices.