Thursday, April 19, 2012

Reward for Good Behavior: {AKA a Bribe!}

Yesterday, late afternoon, the boys and I took a quick trip to the grocery store.  Typically at that time of day all of our nerves are shot from the full and rambunctious day we've already endured enjoyed.  So you can imagine my great delight when I saw one of those little coin operated horses outside of the store.  I was especially happy that Johnathan saw it too and asked to ride it...to which I replied "If you behave in the store and obey everything mommy says then you can ride it when we are done!" 

And you know what?  The boy was on his best behavior!  I like to think of this as a reward...not a bribe really...and oh was it sweet to watch my boys ride the horsey after being such good little dudes at the store!



Enjoy the little sweet moments that each day brings!

*Grace*

2 comments:

Emily Minich said...

In our foster care training we were told a reward is a good thing offered to get a kid to continue being good..... A bribe is something you dangle to get them to stop being bad.... So yes. Definitely a reward!

A.K.W. said...

What a good reward!

Amy