Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Negative & Unremarkable...Words I {Love} to Hear...

...medically speaking, that is!  The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of emotion, a growing time spiritually, and boy oh boy I think God wants me to just trust Him!  :-) 

Long story short, at a recent visit with my OBGYN a mass/cyst was discovered on my left ovary.  A pretty big one, like as big as a softball...I am just so glad that my stomach pooch is from something other than just being out of shape...I was starting to wonder why I wasn't fitting into my clothes like normal!  :-)

I won't go into any detail about what kind of cyst it is...mostly because some of the options are pretty gross, and I just don't want to go into that here, and also because my doctor gave me several possibilities of what it could be, so it's really not all that certain what the mass is yet.  BUT, the blood work I had done to figure out the likelihood of it being cancerous came back Negative...so that's good...although not 100% accurate, so this puppy needs to come out.   

So, I'm having surgery this next week to get this thing out and get on with life as normal.  Life plus another stomach scar, sans one ovary...and minus one unwelcome mass, thank you very much!  My right ovary will have to take over, and thankfully that is one area from my testing results that came back Unremarkable...and you know what, that's more than fine with me!  I hope ol' rightie can compensate, because I think that another little Aldape baby would look pretty good in our family...just as soon as I recover from surgery of course!

Anyways, I would love your prayers as I go into surgery next week.  I'll be in the hospital a couple of days, and I know I'll be in little boy withdrawal because of that. 

Hope everyone's having a good week.  I am...even with all the crazy stuff that's been going on I still feel so blessed, and I love my life!  Every day is a new blessing!

Much love,
*Grace*

No comments: