Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Growing Up

Last Wednesday Johnathan had his 4 month appointment with his doctor. Baby J. is doing great! He weighed 13 pounds 6.5 ounces and was 24.5 inches long. He no longer has to take his reflux medication which is wonderful, and he is hitting all his milestones. I feel very blessed to have this healthy little baby boy.

Since my little monkey boy is getting so big, we had to go ahead and get him a "big boy" bed. We found a great crib on Craigslist a couple weeks ago, and even though I had it all set up with the bedding and everything, I was sort of delaying putting him to sleep in it. I guess you could say I was a little reluctant move him over, but this past Saturday, I finally let him transition from his bassinet to his crib. There were tears, lots of them...mine! I cried and cried because for the first time in a year I didn't have my little baby right beside me while sleeping at night. Granted, he was just a few feet away since Aaron and I are "temporarily" sleeping in Johnathan's room, but it isn't the same as having him right next to me where I can just roll over and feel him sleeping in his bassinet beside me. After our first night apart, I guess things went okay. Baby J. slept pretty well, and since Aaron and I "moved" into his room, we slept okay too. Sooner or later I'll have to allow Johnathan to have his own room by himself, but for now I'm enjoying being close by.

Here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks. My cousin Tirzah was in town for the latter part of last week, and Johnathan and I had a great time getting to hang out with her. Aaron unfortunately was at work most of the time, but did get a chance to steal away for a bit and go to the beach with us. (*We love you Aaron, thanks for all your hard work!*)

















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's a cutie, babies sure do grow up fast! My 2 year old niece a couple months ago was transitioned from a crib to a toddler bed though.

Anonymous said...

Oh Gracie! He is getting cuter and cuter everytime I see these pictures! You need to come up and visit!! I want to see mi sobrino Jonatán! Hey Grace, sometime you should post a pic of when you were a little girl beside his because I'm telling you, he is looking more and more like you were all the time! Cutie!
Love you all!!
Love,
Greta/Aunt Fingy

Anonymous said...

Oh Gracie! He is getting cuter and cuter everytime I see these pictures! You need to come up and visit!! I want to see mi sobrino Jonatán! Hey Grace, sometime you should post a pic of when you were a little girl beside his because I'm telling you, he is looking more and more like you were all the time! Cutie!
Love you all!!
Love,
Greta/Aunt Fingy

Anonymous said...

Oh Gracie! He is getting cuter and cuter everytime I see these pictures! You need to come up and visit!! I want to see mi sobrino Jonatán! Hey Grace, sometime you should post a pic of when you were a little girl beside his because I'm telling you, he is looking more and more like you were all the time! Cutie!
Love you all!!
Love,
Greta/Aunt Fingy

Anonymous said...

whoops! Sorry, didn't mean to do it 3 times...I didn't think it was working so I clicked it again. My bad!

Anonymous said...

Hey Grace,

Your baby is cute, but you are looking great! Those "no bake" cookies couldn't have put you back too far in shedding that baby weight!

Love you-Gwen