Monday, April 20, 2009

Stuck!

Yesterday we began our journey back home after being up in the Dallas area for about a week.  We were able to come up for Easter and the week following, and we were blessed to be able to spend time with our families.  As with many "vacations", I often feel like I need a vacation from my vacation.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE hanging out with our families, but I also miss being able to have that quality time with my dear hubby.  So, as we prepared to leave, I was really looking forward to making it home and being able to spend some one-on-one time with him---especially since right before our trip he had just spent two weeks working the night shift which means almost zero quality time...or time period!  

So, back to the return journey...we were on our way from my folks' to Aaron's to pick up our dog (who they cared for, thank you!), and we wanted to hang out with them before heading home.  After only making it about 45 minutes down the road the car started smoking from under the hood, and Aaron pulled over.  Uh, oh!  Aaron called his dad, and after 20 minutes or so his dad, mom and aunt came to our rescue.  A cracked radiator seemed to be our problem, and our trip home just got a lot more complicated.  

Long story short, Aaron flew home and I am stuck here in DFW until the car gets repaired!  I guess it's not too big of a deal, but just knowing that I had to wait a few more days to be able to hang out with my hubby really got to me, and as soon as Aaron said he'd have to fly back without me I started to cry.  I guess I was just really emotionally fragile yesterday or something!  I cried quite a bit, but after getting out a lot of tears I felt better, more or less.  

I am thankful that our car problems happened when they did, and not further down the road.  I am thankful that we have such loving families that are willing to help us out and go way above and beyond to do that.  I am thankful that Aaron has a job that he has to return to.  I'm thankful that I get to spend a little extra time with my folks and sisters.  I'm thankful that I have a sister who made a special trip up to my parents last night to cheer me up.  I am thankful that I have a sweet baby to love on that is a little miniature Aaron!  

***BUT***

I am sad that I have to wait a few days longer to get to spend some much-needed time with my sweet husband.  And, I am sad that Aaron is at home by himself without someone to care for him...I love taking care of him!

Anyways, being stuck isn't so bad, especially since I'm stuck at my home away from home.  I guess I'll just have to enjoy it while I'm here, and look forward to the reunion with my sweet Aaron later on in the week!  Absence does make the heart grow fonder!!! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you!

Gail said...

Gracie I love you! I'm glad I got to see you last night...it was fun! I'm sorry that you aren't with Aaron- I totally understand! If I were in your shoes I'd be acting the same way. I guess us girls need our husbands! I suppose that means we love them! (Good sign). LOVE YOU, GRACIE!

Hugs,

Gail

Practically Ava said...

Sorry that you are stuck! But I am glad the we are going to get to see you and Baby J. So excited