Monday, September 14, 2009

Five years ago today...

...a precious little boy was born into Heaven.  It's hard to believe that these past 5 years have already gone by.  Like they say, it seems just like yesterday, and in a lot of ways, it really does.  I can still feel the extreme soul anguish at the knowledge that my baby wasn't going to ever walk this earth.  I can still smell the newness of life that never fully got to be.  And, I can still remember saying to myself that no matter what I was going to always cling to God, that I wouldn't ever turn my back on Him, no matter how difficult life became.  

Five years and one sweet "earth baby" later, I realize that September 14th, 2004 will always feel just like yesterday---yet also like an eternity ago.  I guess when you lose someone that you love so dearly, time is able to stand still while flying by.  5 years hasn't lessened the pain of losing our sweet Daniel Cole, and I'm really glad that it hasn't.  The pain is certainly different now that Johnathan has entered our world, and the overwhelming joy that he brings us adds a new dimension to the loss that we feel over our precious Gideon, Daniel & 2 Angel Babies.

Sweet Daniel, we love you so much.  We talk to Johnathan about you, and in a couple of years when he can understand more, we're going to show him your pictures.  I wish you were here to play with him, to teach him things and to love him.  He will miss you just like we do, even though he never got to meet you.  I know that you love him, and know that he will love you too, just as your Daddy and I love you.  Happy 5th Heaven birthday.  Today is a very special day, because it's the day that you met Jesus face to face.  Stay safe in His arms until you can be in mine.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you! It's been that long since my sis-in-law mis-carried her first daughter, she didn't know at the time she lost her baby girl, she was at our house for a baby shower for my other sis-in-law for my 5 year old niece.

Amy

buscher3 said...

I remember last year when you posted something on this day. I was in tears by the end of the post. I can't imagine the pain you experienced, nor can I fathom your extreme faith during that time. Amazing, indeed!