Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mushrooms on the Mantle

You know you have some dampness issues when you find these growing on your mantle...

I was doing a little mantle update today, and upon removing a photo frame (which I had just replaced only 2 days prior) I found these three little guys, growing apparently due to the excess amount of moisture that lies within the fireplace wall. As soon as I tried to wipe them up, they turned into the finest brown powdery dust I've ever seen---it was really weird. Looked almost like dark brown chalk dust. Anyways, they're gone for now, but you can bet that I'll be checking behind that frame every day for a little while to see if they return!


I'll leave you with some happier images...isn't he precious?!!! I just love the peacefulness of a sleeping baby. So innocent and pure---my sweet baby boy!!!


1 comment:

Gail said...

Mushrooms on your mantle? That is so strange and funny at the same time! I'd call your landlady...maybe she will knock off some rent so y'all can get it fixed? You wouldn't want it to be black mold, but I have no idea what black mold looks like...

As for Johnathan, he is the cutest little sleeper ever! He looks so peaceful, kissable, and soft. :) Awww the innocence of children!

Hugs to you,

Gail