Sunday, September 27, 2009

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

After a somewhat strange "vacation" up in Dallas, we are slowly but surely getting back into the swing of things here in CC. And, like I have known for some time, I really do like for things to be routine! None of this crazy, unplanned and unexpected stuff for me---no, give me a schedule and let me stick to it! Haha! Life has a way of turning upside down though, but that just makes the times when the world is "right-side-up" all the more sweet and memorable. Well, life is getting sweet again, and for that I'm truly thankful.

At almost 18 months of age, Johnathan is FINALLY sleeping through the night---and by that I mean that I am not getting up in the middle of the night to nurse him anymore! He still wakes up maybe once or twice, and either Aaron or I will just go in and give him his pacifier or water and he goes right back to sleep. Sometimes he'll just fuss a little and fall asleep again on his own. Needless to say, this was a long time in coming. I realized during our stay in Dallas just how drained I was getting, so hopefully our new no-night-time-nursing routine will help me to get some extra ZZZZzzz's! Wouldn't that be nice?!!!

Here are some pics of life at it's sweetest...


Two sweet lil' cousins, watching a movie together...they sat still for about 1 minute!

Having fun at Papi & Nana's on the bouncy horse!

Look what we found at HEB---like they say, Here Everything's Better! ;)

Trying on Dada's shoe.

Getting into mischief with Miles!

Lovin' some pineapple! They almost ate the whole bowl full all by themselves!

Uncle Aaron and Baby Levi Samuel.

Silly boy! He does this goofy little smile a lot right now!

Cute teeth! Chubby Lil' Monkey-boy!

The sweetest face in the world!

The face that brightens up every day for me!

4 comments:

Gail said...

I love all the pictures...you definitely have one VERY cute boy!

Love you!

Hugs,
Gail

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures, saw them on FB as well!

Amy

http://goatpod2.wordpress.com

KellyW said...

Great pictures! I hope you start to get some rest too. I can't imagine being soooo tired. I will pray that Johnathan continues to sleep well and get his rest so that you can too!

Our Family said...

Yay for sleeping through the night!!! I still don't know how I ever survived with such little sleep....I think you realize how tired you actually were when you start getting sleep! : )