Friday, July 9, 2010

Just Me and Andy G.


Lately I have been on an Andy Griffith Show kick. I have always loved the show...and not until recently did I realize just how many episodes there were. We had a few DVDs with about 20 or so episodes on them, and I thought that was a lot...I didn't realize that the show aired for 8 seasons! So, being that I love me some Andy G., I went on Barnes&Noble.com and bought up a few seasons...okay, actually I bought 6 of them, and will be purchasing the remaining two pretty soon. Thank goodness I had several gift cards to B&N to use up!

Being that I am up sometimes for hours at a time at night while Eli is being cranky, I have had ample time to watch my new DVDs...I have been going season by season, and so far I'm up to the last disc of season 3...I skipped the episodes I've already seen...and I am just loving the good clean entertainment of Mayberry. I love all the characters, and especially enjoy the relationship between Sheriff Taylor and Deputy Fife...they are hilarious together! Anyways, just thought I'd let you all know how much I am loving Andy Griffith these days. It sure is a nice way to pass the time when I'm sittin' around trying to pacify my sweet lil' baby.

In post-baby-weight-loss newsy type stuff, I packed up my maternity clothes yesterday!!! I did a thorough cleaning out of my closet during naptime. I was debating whether or not to nap myself, but since that is the only time that I have all to myself...provided the boys fall asleep at the same time...I decided to sacrifice my nap for the cleanliness and orderliness of my closet...it was a fair trade! I was happy to pack up all of my big ol' preggie clothes, and I enjoyed getting out my cute smaller clothes...even though, at the moment they don't quite fit like they're supposed to...and some don't fit at all, yet! I have about 15-20 pounds still to go to achieve my weight-loss goal, but compared to the 53 lbs that I gained with Eli (gained the same exact with Monkey) 15 or 20 pounds sounds like a relatively small number. I am already losing much faster than I did with Johnathan, so I'm happy about that! Hopefully in no time at all I'll be back in my pre-preggo clothes, and I am planning on a shopping trip when I've lost all my baby weight...I am normally not a huge clothes shopper, but I am really looking forward to going to celebrate my baby weight-loss success!

Happy Weekending, y'all!

*Grace*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for survival mode in the early infant months...I remember being up with Levi for those middle of the night feedings and watching different cooking and home decorating videos on our computer. It was the only thing to keep me awake as I nursed him and battled falling asleep while he was so cozy in my arms.

You're looking great in your pictures, Gracie!

Love you,
Gwen

Gail said...

Yay for Andy Griffith! He's coming through again!

You're making me think maybe I ought to start thinking now about my nocturnal entertainment come Nov.! Matthew says, "I'll take the night shift"...but I say "do you have boobs?" Hahha!

-Gail