Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Too Cute Tuesday: Toddler Talk

I think that I'm going to try a weekly blog gig where I post cute recent happenings from here at the hive. This weeks Too Cute Tuesday theme is Toddler Talk...the cute, funny, innocent and random sayings from our precious 3 year old boy!

---While observing me one day when I was just absentmindedly looking out the window, deep in my train of thought, Johnathan asked me "What are you looking at, Mommy?" Oh, nothing, I replied...to which he responded with, "Tell me the truth Mommy, what are you looking at!" Haha, cracked me up!

---One morning while I was helping Johnathan into his chair so he could eat I caught him looking down my shirt (naughty boy!)...and he tells me "Cool booboos, Mama!"...haha, thanks buddy! ;)

---Recently while I was getting into the car Johnathan gave me the sweetest compliment, and all on his own too..."You look pretty, Mama. Your shirt is cute!"...Oh, man, melted my heart!

---Johnathan is a hugger, and I can't tell you how much I enjoy this! He loves to hug and kiss me, Dada and brother all throughout the day and will run up to us, give us a big hug/kiss and say "I love you. I love you so much. Squeeze!"...and then he gives the biggest hugs ever! So precious!

---When Johnathan has been a bit on the testy side and has to get spanked or put in time-out or whatever he will often come up to me, after his punishment, and offer up an apology all on his own. It is the sweetest thing because I know that it is coming from his heart. He will tell me, "I'm sorry, Mama. I love you."

---Johnathan still wants to know what kind of day each day will be, and he will ask me at bedtime, "What day is it tomorrow? A park day? A school day?"...etc. He already wants to know what to plan on! Priceless!

There are so many cute, precious things that come out of our little guy's mouth...and some not so cute stuff too, haha! I love how he says some of his words almost as much as what he says...but that is a little hard to capture the essence of in writing. He is a sweet boy though, that's for sure. And I love (almost) everything that comes outta that little mouth of his!

Happy Too Cute Tuesday!
*Grace*

1 comment:

Beth said...

Aw, kids are the best aren't they :)? To answer your question about our couches, I love them. We bought them 7 yrs ago from Walmart of all places and they have held up to dogs & boys very well. I really can't imagine having upholstered ones now. The leather cleans up so beautifully!