Thursday, March 20, 2008

Counting Sheep

Last night I had a case of insomnia, and the funny thing is I was soooo tired and actually went to bed early. Once I got there though I just couldn't fall asleep. So, just to try out the whole counting sheep thing I started to count...1, 2, 3, 4, 5...but after reaching only 17 or so I figured I might as well think of something profitable. You can only count so high! I spent from about 11:00 pm to 4:30 am thinking about the baby, praying, thinking about the baby some more and so on. Close to 4:00 I started getting hungry, so I went to the kitchen for a quick snack thinking that maybe I'd fall asleep better if my tummy was full. Well, it sort of worked, and I did fall asleep sometime between 4 and 5. But since my "snack" was a nice glass of milk I of course had to get and and "go" about an hour after I fell asleep. So once again I'm up, it's about 6 am and I am wide awake...I make it 'til 7:30 and finally head out to the couch and try to get comfortable enough there to sleep, which I did! Yay! I slept 'til 9:00 and then got up feeling less than refreshed, but okay. Anyways, the moral of my story is to try to stick to counting sheep. Who knows, maybe if I had made it to counting up to 50 sheep I would have gotten so bored and fallen asleep instead of waiting up all night wishing that sleep would come. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, that's a funny story Grace! I've had nights like that too where I think well I guess I'll just think of something useful instead of nothing at all, and then your mind starts racing and it's more awake than ever! It's the worst!