Saturday, March 1, 2008

My Big Confession

Well, today my taste buds got the better of me. We have been running a little short on chocolate around our house lately...Aaron ate it all, yeah right! So, this afternoon I decided to take things into my own hands, and FYI, it's not a good idea to let a pregnant lady with a sweet tooth loose in the kitchen. Here's what I came up with: Chocolate "Granola!" Healthy, right?! I basically melted a little butter and some Baker's chocolate squares in a pan, added a little vanilla, some marshmallows, evaporated milk, and cinnamon. Where is the "granola" part you may be thinking, well, I tossed in some chopped almonds, almost 1/2 a cup of chopped almonds, so that should count! Once the mixture melted, I spread half of it in a pan, then added some caramel sheets (left over from making caramel apples a while back) and then I put the rest of the chocolate mixture over the caramel. And listen here, I topped it all off with some old fashioned oats and some more chopped almonds. Looks like granola to me, and it tastes amazing! So there, I've confessed to you all, and no, I don't expect any sympathy when I complain about having to lose 40+ pounds after baby's born...well, maybe just a little sympathy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! thats awesome Grace! sounds yummy :) have any leftovers??

Anonymous said...

Oh Gracie that sounds so good to me right now! Of course it's granola! Completely healthy sounding if you ask me. :-) Love you grace!!