Monday, March 24, 2008

To "C" or Not To "C"

At my 36 week appointment today, the possibility of a C-Section was brought to my attention by my doctor. For months now my Dr. has been monitoring a rather large cyst on my left ovary. At the last measurement (two weeks ago) it has grown to about 9 cm, or in the words of my doctor "It's about as large as a newborn's head." So, having a softball sized cyst may prove to add some complications if I decide to try and have a natural delivery. My options are 1) Go ahead and have my cerclage removed April 1st, and then wait for labor hoping that the delivery process doesn't rupture the cyst. If all goes well, I will have surgery to remove the cyst 6 weeks after giving birth. 2) Have my cerclage removed April 1st, and if things do not go well (cyst-wise) have emergency surgery to remove the cyst at that time. And finally option 3) Plan a C-section somewhere around 38 weeks, and after the baby is delivered I will have the cyst removed and my cerclage removed at the same time. We have until next Monday to make our decision, and my doctor said that she will be fine with whatever we choose. Pray that God leads us to make the best decision in this situation.

Generally speaking my appointment today went great. I have started to swell up just a little in my face, hands and feet, but nothing to worry about. Baby is doing well and seems to have "dropped" from what the doctor could tell. So, all in all things are on track!:)




4 comments:

The Kramer Family said...

We are praying for you guys.

I have had two c-sections with both my girls. KK came 5 weeks early and was breech and we did a repeat c-section with Laney Rae.

I know the Lord will show you the plans He has for you. I can't wait to meet your sweet baby boy!

So excited for you guys,
Lynsey

Dad said...

Looks like it's a good time for prayer (always is, of course!)...

Dear Lord, please give Grace and Aaron Your wisdom and guidance as they make this decision "to 'C' or not to 'C?'". I pray for the Spirit's prompting in their hearts, and that they would be united as a couple in deciding what's best for the baby, for Grace, and for their family at this time and in the future.

Thank you, Lord, for your awesome gift of life and for Your hand of protection over this precious little boy and his mother. Thanks, too, for technology that allows the doctor to monitor what's going on inside of Grace. Keep everything in its place for a healthy and safe delivery in the method of Your choosing. We trust you wholeheartedly, Lord, and praise You for Your faithfulness.

In Jesus' name, amen.

Love you all BIG TIME!!!

Dad

Aldape family said...

We are praying for you! We love you, Aaron and your precious baby, and we know that the Lord will show his love and faithfulness to you, all the way to the end of this pregnancy!
Love and Prayers
Kayla

Kristi said...

Hi Grace! I just love your blog. You are so sweet and honest. I can identify with much of your feelings about the c-section. I had to have one since Andrew was breech. You will be fine! I tried to call you just now, but I must have an old number. My cell phone is 405-924-3817 and home number is 405-348-6284. I can't wait to hear about your son's birth and see pictures!!!! Love you! Kristi