Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Some trust in chariots...

For the past several weeks I have taken comfort in the fact that with the medical advances of our day our little boy has a chance of survival if born now. Yet, at the same time, I am consistently reminded of the verse in Psalms that says Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God - (Ps. 20:7). So, in the light of this truth, I am trying to keep my trust in the Lord, and not in the technology of modern medicine. I do acknowledge the comfort I feel in numbers though, and at 25 weeks and counting I feel reassured that God is indeed going to bring this baby into the world healthy. Each day that goes by is indeed a blessing, and I am excited for what the future holds for me and Aaron, and for our little boy.

-Grace

5 comments:

Amanda Martin said...

Hey, baby girl! Keep going, you can do it! I pray that you would find yourself very near to Jesus as you wait patiently for the birth of your son! HUG!

~Amanda Martin

Ron Pittman said...

Grace,

Amen to everything you wonderfully shared and to God's Word as it speaks to your heart!

Thanks for sharing your words, your love, your hopes, your cares, YOUR LIFE! with your family and those who care so much about you!

With everyday, we look forward to our new grandson being born... healthy, vibrant, kicking, (and peeing!)... into this world and into your and Aaron's loving arms!

You're right, April can't come soon enough!

Love you honey,

Dad

Greta said...

Gracie! What a great idea to do a blog. I'm not there physically to watch the baby (and your belly) grow but I can hear all about it through this. I love you dear Gracie!! I hope I'll be able to see you again before the birth of my new little nephew!!

Love,
Greta

Debbie Heydrick said...

Grace,

I'm so excited to be able to keep up with your progress! God is good and I praise Him for blessing you and Aaron and showing His favor to your faithful, godly family. Aaron and you are already fantastic parents and the way you continue to parent the memories of your precious children who have gone before you, is beautiful! Thanks for allowing us to share in your joy! Eagerly waiting to hear more... I love you, guys!!!

Unknown said...

Grace,

I admire your continued faith in our Father and continue to pray for your whole family. I believe if you keep your trust in Him, He will take care of the chariots, horses, and timing of your birth.

Keep writing. This is a great connection to you guys.

Love you all,
Uncle Curtis