Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Getting Back to Normal

After a pretty crazy weekend/beginning of the week, things are finally getting back to normal around here. In a nutshell, here is what we've been through in the last week...

...Last Wednesday I came down with what I thought was a bad case of food-poisoning...turns out it wasn't...just the beginning of a quick-but-oh-not-so-fun weight loss "pandemic" that swept through Corpus, felling everyone in its path! Thursday my sister Gloria came (yay!) to stay through 'til Monday. Friday afternoon Aaron came home from work early, complaining of an upset stomach and with fever...the light was starting to go off in my head that maybe, just maybe I hadn't had food poisoning after all! Friday night around midnight, Johnathan woke up, choking on his puke...sorry, TMI...and by this time I knew that my previous food poisoning assumptions were totally bogus. Friday night/early Saturday morning the A/C started making some really funky noises, and then shut off altogether. Ack! Saturday morning I awoke to the sounds of my sister, sick as a dog in the bathroom. All day Saturday was spent taking care of the sickies, calling the A/C guy to look at the unit, buying fans and such to try to keep cool, etc. It was a crazy day...and poor Gloey, she was so sick, and in a hot house to boot! No fun! Aaron and Johnathan started to mend Saturday, thankfully...Okay, so Sunday we were able to go to my aunt's house and she graciously offered to let us stay the night since our A/C wasn't going to be fixed until Tuesday...hallelujah! After one night in a house without air conditioning, I was ready to beg, borrow or steal to have a cool place to rest! Thanks to my aunt, I didn't have to do that! Sunday night the "bug" continued to hit my aunt's family...it had already taken down my littlest cousin on Friday, and by the time that we left my aunt's yesterday afternoon to come back home, it had crushed all but my uncle with its ferocity! What a bug!

Anyways, we're back home now, like I said, with a nice cool house and without the "bug." I sure have more appreciation for things that I had previously taken for granted, and I have a HUGE mountain of thanks to give my aunt and her family. It was wonderful to be able to stay with them for a few days...and with no hard feelings for being the recipients of my tummy-bug! They are such wonderful people, and I'm proud to call them my family.

So, now that it's back to "normal" around here, I guess I should go do the pile of laundry that's waiting for me...what a wonderful thing to be able to do---in the air conditioning! Hooray!

No comments: