Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Blog Alert! The Proverbs 31 Woman Challenge - Day 3

Here is the challenge for today, which was originally posted here! ;)

Good morning on this very wet (at least here) Challenge Day Three! Yesterday's challenge was, well, a bit challenging for me---and I'm sorry to say that the laundry did not get put up---and one load didn't even get folded! *Tisk, tisk!* Haha! I'm not going to be too hard on myself though because I know that things come up, and sometimes, no matter how good our intentions are to get things accomplished, we often have to make adjustments for the unexpected, which is what I had to do yesterday. I did work with my hands (though not on the pillows like I had planned, but on a giveaway that I will be doing through one extremely talented lady's blog later on this week!). Oh, I did take time to make a healthy and yummy dinner! Two outta three ain't bad!!! ;)

(Edited to Add: I forgot to mention that our faithful pooch got lots of extra lovin' and treats yesterday. I tried to go out of my way to make him feel like an important part of the family---lots of extra pats, a few more plates to "clean" and plenty of crumbs to lick up!)

I'm going to get straight to today's challenge, since I'm up a bit later than normal and will probably hear the sweet cries of my son before long, wanting to eat his breakfast!

She considers a field and buys it;
From her profits she plants a vineyard.
She girds herself with strength,
And strengthens her arms. -Proverbs 31:16 & 17

Challenge - Day 3

I am not considering a big purchase any time soon, but I have realized lately what an impact all my little purchases make overall in our budget. All those little craft materials add up! So, my challenge tasks for today are:

-Look over our budget (and past months expenses) and see where I can be more frugal and where I need to have more discretion. Also, take care of bills that need to be paid (I usually do this on Fridays, but I'll fit it in today to go along with the theme of having some money sense!)

-Work out! There are many forms of working out, and you don't have to be a gym member in order to be fit. I enjoy walking with my son, and believe me, pushing that big ol' stroller in the high winds that we usually have around here is a workout! Plus I get to spend some quality time with him outdoors, which we both love. It's important to stay in shape as mommies. We need it ourselves, our children need to have a mom with enough energy to care for them---and I'm guessing that our husbands won't complain if we're doing what we can to stay tight and trim! ;)

Okay, well that's it for today. Spend Wise. Stay Strong!

Going for a walk with a few extra pounds to carry around - the precious baby boy which are the cute pounds, and the baby-weight which I am proud to say is all off now! Yay for walking!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm just loving your Proverbs 31 Challenge blogs!! Makes me think of " Far above Rubies". Aaron and Johnathan are very blessed to have you loving and caring for them!