Wednesday, October 7, 2009

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

It looks as if my post regarding our new no-night-time-nursing routine was a bit premature...Johnathan is getting a new tooth---a really stubborn one---and the only thing that seems to calm him down at night is me! He has been really cranky lately, hard to put down for naps and at night, and has been generally not himself. I'm blaming it all on the tooth, so hopefully once that little guy comes in we'll be able to resume nursing-free nights, and both mommy and Johnny should be much happier!

Tomorrow I get to experience what it will be like to have two kiddos. I'm babysitting a friend's little boy who is about 11 months old---and also teething! It should be an interesting day, of that I am sure. 2 eating routines, 2 nap schedules, 2 mischievous little boys---and one mommy to make sure the day runs smoothly. I am looking forward to it, although I might take an extra "dose" of caffeine so I can keep up! Haha!

Not much is happening around the hive lately. Our mornings are full of playing duplos, throwing balls and making a general mess of the house by rummaging through the toy box and placing little toy treasures in random places. Our afternoons are much the same - with the occasional outing to break things up, and with the promise of a little down-time when (if) the little bee decides to take his nap. It is getting harder to keep the hive orderly, and I find myself waking earlier than I would normally to get a head start on the day.

Blessings from our hive to yours on this beautiful Wednesday!

2 comments:

Gail said...

I'm sure you'll do great with the 2 guys! Good luck!

-GG

KellyW said...

I hear you on the messiness. Our house is always a disaster with Ryan around now. It's still SO HOT here. It's October for Pete's sake and the high is 94 degrees today so we rarely go outside...still. Ryan loves it out, but we spend most days indoors trying to keep him busy and that's HARD. He is so active. I am always up an hour before him in the mornings just to have peace and to get my day started right!