Sunday, February 13, 2011

Another One Bites the Dust

About a week and a half ago Eli came down with a double ear infection...then, a few days ago Johnathan came down with them too...and it looks like another one of us has succumbed to what might be a virus causing these dang things because...da, da, dum...drum roll please...this mommy has come down with them too! No, ear infections aren't just for little kids. I can attest to that. I've had a few in my adult life, and I always know why they cause such pain for little kids, they hurt! This time around it isn't too bad, but still, it's causing me to have a nasty fever and it's just hard to function when your body is on overdrive trying to kill a bug.

Anyways, last night was our annual STARS (The resident spouse group that I'm involved with) Valentine's dinner, and even though I wasn't feeling 100% I was not going to let it keep us from having a good night. We've been planning this thing for weeks, I had a babysitter all lined up for Monkey, (Arden!) and I wanted to be able to hang out with my hubby and eat some good food! So, I loaded up on some Ibuprofen and we hit the town, haha! We brought along Eli who put up a fuss at first but then peacefully fell asleep...and guess what??? I actually got to talk to other adults and have "real" conversations...not that talking with Johnathan about how "big" his poopies are and how Buzz Light Year will be so proud that Johnathan went potty in the toilet aren't real conversations...but I'm just sayin', it was nice to be able to talk to the other couples at the dinner...course we mostly talked about our kids, but that is okay!


Here's a pic of my sweet hubby and I before we headed out last night...and of our little doctor Johnathan who was all ready to hang out with his best girl, Arden.

Thanking God today for Tylenol, Motrin and some nice hot coffee! I am already feeling much better with the combo of those three!

Have a blessed Sunday!
*Grace*

3 comments:

Gail said...

Sorry you came down with a bug but glad to hear you are on the mend! Sounds like ya'll had fun at your dinner....and I must say...you look hot! ;)

Love you,
Gail

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling a little better now, sorry you and your kiddos were sick! Nice picture.

Blessings,

Amy

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Sorry to hear you all are struggling with illness! Feel better and rest up! Happy Valentine's Day girl!