Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Too Cute to Not Post

Lately Johnathan and Eli have both said or done such cute things that just melt my heart and make me laugh. They are both indescribably precious, and I am so thankful to be their mama. So here are some of the heart-warming things they do or say that make my days a bright and happy place...

...(as Johnathan is climbing along the back of the couch)...Me: Johnathan, you need to get down right now, please, you could fall...Johnathan: I'm not going to fall, silly, I'm being safe!...I cracked up at that one!

...Johnathan: Can I have a cookie, pleeeeeeeeease. (It's first thing in the morning) Me: No, Johnathan, we don't have cookies before breakfast. Johnathan: But I said "please!"...apparently he really does think that please is the magic word, haha!

Eli gives me kisses! Call me crazy/paranoid/whatever...but I have refrained from kissing Eli's sweet lil' lips to avoid the unnecessary spread of germs, bugs, whatever it is that kisses spread and to try to keep Eli well...okay, so the kid gets sick all the time, probably because Johnathan does not share my paranoia, and kisses his little brother ruthlessly, haha! Anyways, I decided I was being silly, I am usually the healthiest person around these parts anyhow, so this week I've been enjoying being affectionate to my littlest dude...and he loves it and kisses me right back! It's totally cute, and I'm glad that I can put aside my tendency to freak out over the possible chance that Eli might catch "something" and just love my little dude.

Although he's not crawling yet, Eli can get up on his hands and knees and do some serious rockin'! He hasn't taken a "step" yet, but sometimes will rock so hard that he catapults himself forwards! The little guy can get around though, and will push, wiggle, roll and do whatever it takes to get where he wants to go! Oh, and he pulled himself up in his crib today. He looked so cute holding onto the rails...until he couldn't hold himself up any longer and conked his head on the bed...chalk one up for the hard knocks of growing up and learning! He wasn't seriously hurt and I'm sure will try to pull up again soon...my baby is getting so big!

There are so many moments that make me smile throughout my days...especially when Johnathan tells me (when I'm in a bad mood) "Smile, Mama. Be happy!" I can't really stay upset for long when my own sweet almost 3 year old tells me that! He is very in tune to my moods and does not like it when I'm unhappy...heck no one does..."If Mama Ain't Happy, Ain't Nobody Happy!"...I remember reading that on a cute sign somewhere.

That's it for now, y'all. This happy mama is going to bed...or at least heading that way.

Lotsa love!
*Grace*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute & sweet!

Blessings,

Amy

Gail said...

Such a sweet post, Gracie. Your mother's heart has warmed my heart! Enjoy your boys and give them each a kiss for me. ;)

Love you sis,
Gail