Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Can't Believe He's Already Playing That Card...

Yesterday we had a great Valentine's Day...well, as great as it can be with a sick mommy and crabby sick baby...still, it was pretty good. Johnathan and Eli received some sweet treats through the mail and some loving cards, and Daddy and I had some fun stuff to give our boys too...it was a yummy, sticky day, especially for Johnathan who was so excited about all the goodies he got.

As the evening started to come to a close after bath time, I had Johnathan go play out in the living room for a bit while I gave Eli one of his (dreaded) breathing treatments. Just prior Johnathan had showed me the sweet Valentine's card that his cousin, Miles, sent to him...complete with a yummy blue lollypop. I admired his card but told him to wait until tomorrow for the sucker since he had already had so many treats...

...for some reason Johnathan was exceptionally quiet during Eli's breathing treatment...and was content happily playing inside his little cardboard fort that we made a while back...hmm, interesting...

As Eli's breathing treatment ended, in comes Johnathan with some guilty blue lips and a dark blue tongue...haha, the truth of what happened was quite obvious...his little mouth was all kinds of stained with the truth, heehee!

Me: "Johnathan, why are your lips and tongue blue?"

Johnathan: "I don't know."

Me: "Did you eat the lollypop after Mommy told you not to eat it?"

Johnathan (without a seconds hesitation): "Daddy told me yes!"

Oh boy, I can't believe he's already playing that card! He sure is a sly one!

*Grace*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!

Blessings,

Amy

Gail said...

Oh Gracie...that's funny. Well, sort of...I'm sure you didn't find it that amusing! Part of me can't wait til Cole is talking, while the other knows he's probably going to seem a lot less innocent when he does! Oh well...tis the way it is. ;)

Love, Gail